Coventry Airport Limited has a number of exciting new roles for Aerodrome Flight Information Service Officers (AFISOs) based in Coventry. The main purpose of the role is to be accountable for the safe and efficient provision of an Aerodrome Flight Information Service, reporting to the Air Traffic Services Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Providing an Aerodrome Flight Information Service.
2. Co-ordinating with other Air Traffic Service units.
3. Administrative duties to include;
• Maintaining an accurate log of aircraft movements
• Filing flight plans and related AFTN messages via AFPEx
• Providing information to internal and external emergency services
• Granting or declining requests for PPR
• Taking landing fees and other associated costs
• Updating Aeronautical Information via NOTAMs
• Updating Aeronautical publications
4. Complying with other duties and responsibilities as instructed by the Senior AFISO and/or the Airport Operations Manager.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
The ideal job holder will:
• Have extensive AFISO experience and, due to the Greenfield nature of the AFIS at Coventry Airport, will require specific CAA approval to hold the post.
• Hold a previously validated AFISO licence
• Have excellent customer service skills
• Have a passion for General Aviation
• Hold an appropriate valid medical certificate for the role
Wherever possible and reasonable we will make amendments and offer alternatives to help a person with a disability through the application and selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require assistance at any stage of the selection process please contact Claire.Davis@norwichairport.co.uk
We are offering a very competitive salary dependant on experience.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to: Claire.Davis@norwichairport.co.uk